Operating Manuals & Related Materials
On this page are scans of some operating manuals and other calculation aids of the Bell Punch Company. If you have any more from Bell Punch and Anita I would be delighted to receive a copy or a scan for display here -
please get in touch with me.
Sumlock "Comptometer" - Front, p1, p2, p3, p4, p5, p6, p7, p8, p9, p10, p11, p12.
Desktop Electronic Calculators
ANITA Mk 8 (Mark VII) (pdf format).
ANITA Mk 9 (Mark IX) - Front, diagram, pi, pii, index, p1, p2, p3, p4, p5, p6, p7, p8, p9, p10, p11, p12, p13, p14, p15, p16, p17, p18, p19, p20, p21, p22, p23, p24, p25, p26, p27, p28, p29, p30.
ANITA Mk 11 - Front, index, p3, p4, p5, p6 is blank, p7, p8, p9, p10, p11, p12, p13, p14, p15, p16, p17 is blank, p18, p19, p20, p21, p22, end paper, rear.
ANITA 1000 LSI - Front, p3, p4-5, p6-7, rear.
ANITA 1011 LSI & 1011B LSI (pdf format)
ANITA 1000B & 1011B charging instructions - p1.
Roland Huisman has posted a valuable selection of ANITA instruction manuals in pdf format at http://technischmuseum.nl/documentation/documentation%20files/Anita%20PDF/.
Manuals included are those for the ANITA Mk 8 (in German), Mk 9, Mk 10, Mk 12, 1011, 1011 LSI, and 1011P.
Hand-held Electronic Calculators
ANITA 811 - Front, p1, p2, p3, p4, p5, p6, p7, p8, p9, p10, p11, p12, p13, p14, p15, rear.
ANITA 831 - Front, p1, p2, p3, p4, p5, p6, p7, p8, p9, p10, p11, p12, p13, p14, p15, p16, rear.
ANITA 841 - Front, introduction, index, p2, p3, p4, p5, p6-7, p8-9, p10-11, p12-13, p14-15, p16-17, p18-19, p20-21, p22-23, p24-25, p26-27, p28-29, p30-31, p32-33, p34-35, p36-37, p38-39, p40-41, p42-43, p44-45, p46-47, p48-49, p50-51, p52-53, p54-55, p56-57, p58-59, p60, p61, p62, rear.
These charts provide conversion and other constants which eased calculations with
mechanical and simple electronic calculators. Several of the premier calculator companies produced such charts, and Sumlock supplied a selection bound together in a book. Below is a selection:
- Front cover
- Index of the charts
- Chart 1 - Pence and Farthings as decimals of a Shilling or a Pound
- Chart 2 - Shillings and Pence as decimals of a £
- Chart 3 - Pence, Eighths and Sixteenths as decimals of a Shilling
- Chart 4 - Pence, Eighths and Sixteenths as decimals of a £
- Chart 5 - Qrs. and Lb. as decimals of a Cwt.
- Chart 6 - Qrs. and Lb. as decimals of a Ton
- Chart 7 - Feet, Inches and Eighths of an Inch as decimals of a Yard
- Charts 8 & 9 - Decimals of a Gross & Minutes as decimals of an Hour
- Chart 10 - Common Fractions and their Decimal Equivalents
- Chart 11 - Metric Conversion Table
- Chart 12 - Dates as parts and decimals of a year - 365 Day Basis
- Chart 13 - Days as decimals of a year - 360 Day Basis
- Chart 14 - Area and Volume Formulae
- Chart 25 - Even Square Root Chart.
- Chart 25 - Odd Square Root Chart.
- Chart 26 - Cube Root Divisors.
- Chart 26 - Cube Root Divisors (continued).
A certificate awarded for achieving the Required Standard of Efficiency as an Anita operator.
Grateful thanks to Lorraine Holmes for providing the copies of Charts 1 to 14 and the Certificate, and to Mary Crompton for providing the copies of Charts 25 and 26.
The Bell Punch Company & the Development of the Anita Calculator
< Previous page Next page >