Operating Manuals & Related Materials
On this page are scans of some operating manuals and leaflets. If you have any more from Bell Punch and Anita I would be delighted to receive a copy for display here - please get in
touch with me.
Sometimes, with Internet Explorer version 6 each page is shrunk to fit the window, making reading difficult. To see the page at full size and scroll around, hover the mouse cursor over the image until the expand/contract
button appears at bottom right, and then click on it. A similar feature may be available with other browsers.
Sumlock "Comptometer" - Front, p1, p2, p3, p4, p5, p6, p7, p8, p9, p10, p11, p12.
Desktop Electronic Calculators
ANITA Mk 8 (Mark VII) (pdf format).
ANITA Mk 9 (Mark IX) - Front, diagram, pi, pii, index, p1, p2, p3, p4, p5, p6, p7, p8, p9, p10, p11, p12, p13, p14, p15, p16, p17, p18, p19, p20, p21, p22, p23, p24, p25, p26, p27, p28, p29, p30.
ANITA Mk 11 - Front, index, p3, p4, p5, p6 is blank, p7, p8, p9, p10, p11, p12, p13, p14, p15, p16, p17 is blank, p18, p19, p20, p21, p22, end paper, rear.
ANITA 1000 LSI - Front, p3, p4-5, p6-7, rear.
ANITA 1011 LSI & 1011B LSI (pdf format)
ANITA 1000B & 1011B charging instructions - p1.
Hand-held Electronic Calculators
ANITA 811 - Front, p1, p2, p3, p4, p5, p6, p7, p8, p9, p10, p11, p12, p13, p14, p15, rear.
ANITA 831 - Front, p1, p2, p3, p4, p5, p6, p7, p8, p9, p10, p11, p12, p13, p14, p15, p16, rear.
ANITA 841 - Front, introduction, index, p2, p3, p4, p5, p6-7, p8-9, p10-11, p12-13, p14-15, p16-17, p18-19, p20-21, p22-23, p24-25, p26-27, p28-29, p30-31, p32-33, p34-35, p36-37, p38-39, p40-41, p42-43, p44-45, p46-47, p48-49, p50-51, p52-53, p54-55, p56-57, p58-59, p60, p61, p62, rear.
These charts provide conversion and other constants which eased calculations with
mechanical and simple electronic calculators. Several of the premier calculator companies produced such charts, and Sumlock supplied a selection bound together in a book. Below is a selection:
- Front cover
- Index of the charts
- Chart 1 - Pence and Farthings as decimals of a Shilling or a Pound
- Chart 2 - Shillings and Pence as decimals of a £
- Chart 3 - Pence, Eighths and Sixteenths as decimals of a Shilling
- Chart 4 - Pence, Eighths and Sixteenths as decimals of a £
- Chart 5 - Qrs. and Lb. as decimals of a Cwt.
- Chart 6 - Qrs. and Lb. as decimals of a Ton
- Chart 7 - Feet, Inches and Eighths of an Inch as decimals of a Yard
- Charts 8 & 9 - Decimals of a Gross & Minutes as decimals of an Hour
- Chart 10 - Common Fractions and their Decimal Equivalents
- Chart 11 - Metric Conversion Table
- Chart 12 - Dates as parts and decimals of a year - 365 Day Basis
- Chart 13 - Days as decimals of a year - 360 Day Basis
- Chart 14 - Area and Volume Formulae
- Chart 25 - Even Square Root Chart.
- Chart 25 - Odd Square Root Chart.
- Chart 26 - Cube Root Divisors.
- Chart 26 - Cube Root Divisors (continued).
A certificate awarded for achieving the Required Standard of Efficiency as an Anita operator.
Grateful thanks to Lorraine Holmes for providing the copies of Charts 1 to 14 and the Certificate, and to Mary Crompton for providing the copies of Charts 25 and 26.
The Bell Punch Company & the Development of the Anita Calculator
< Previous page Next page >